Thursday, June 30, 2005

 

Mom and the bumblebee

I wish you could have seen it!
Mom took me out on the harness for a late afternoon romp before she started dinner. She put on her flip flops and out the front door we went. As we neared the end of the hedge, I heard something that caught my attention inside the hedge. I stopped dead in my tracks and mom was looking to see what was going on and a bumblebee got on her right big toe and stung her! She let go of the leash and was saying 'Ouch' really loud and it scared me. Forget the hedge dweller! I took off for the front door. Mom was frantic and called Sean. When she saw me standing there waiting to go in, she was grateful, but she said I was like a dog! How dare she say that about me! Anyway, mom's toe hurt her a bit and why she put baking soda on it is beyond me. And there wasn't any stinger as bumblebees don't leave theirs behind like wasps. Lucky mom!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?