Thursday, May 26, 2005

 

The purple harness


Me on the prowl outside. Posted by Hello

So mom likes to put this terrible restraint on me when we go out. It just doesn't seem fair when a guy like me wants and smells freedom. I even learned to say 'out'. Really! I didn't like mom putting that loop around my neck at first. She had to teach me to get use to it. I eventually did after many reward sessions. The part that goes under my tummy is another story. I want to nip her or the guys when they fasten that hook! But I know I get to go out into the big world. When I haven't been out for a while I come to a halt at the door. The noise of the cars and trucks kinda scares me. Then I get use to it all except for really big bangs and rattles of heavy equipment. That almost scares the poo out of me.
I take in too big of a sniff sometimes and then I feel a sneeze coming on. People think it's so funny when cats sneeze for some reason. Then I either lay, roll in dust or hunt out some grass to chew on. Mom says the grass will make me throw up, but I love it so much!
The other day mom had me near her when she was weeding and planting and extended my leash a few feet. She said I was being 'bad', worse than Sean was when he was little. I was trying to sit on the outside of the basement windowsill and got all tangled in a bush. Then I walked on the handle of the garden cart. Mom tried to keep me out for about 15 minutes but I was too edgy and wouldn't lay down. Then I get tossed in the front door and cry 'out' again 10 minutes later. I promise I will be good, I really do!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?